Saturday, November 03, 2007

Who you gonna call? Kaspersky!

Many of us have seen Kaspersky Lab's promo video "Packin' The K!"
I think it's funny, but also quite stupid! As I understand, Kaspersky wants to populate his (or her :) own name in North America. Everybody knows Symantec and MacAfee, but who's the fuckin' Kaspersky? Making a funny, but unique video is not enough. It will only catch people who already know about Kaspersky. So what's the point? If I was marketing Kaspersky for money, I'd use a cover version of a popular tale or movie. You know, one of those where the hero is changed to Kaspersky himself or to some virtual antivirus hero! Imagine, Batman-Kaspersky on the antivirus-mobile drives to the computer virus nest and saves the World from a new epidemy :) But, I think Batman is to stupid too :) Moreover, using of such a popular title would cost too much! As I see it, the best tale for Kaspersly lab is Ghostbusters movie! Viruses and trojans are greatly associated with ghosts. The popular music theme "Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters" is a match for "Who you gonna call? Kaspersky" or "Who you gonna use? Kaspersky". Kaspersky Lab may create a cover version of this music clip, and it catches everybody!
Also, there are many other marketing possibilities to use Ghostbusters materials to populate Kaspersky name as an antivirus buster. Hope Natalia or Eugene will use this marketing strategy, so I'm waiting for my beer :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice idea Anton !

Anonymous said...

Kaspersky Rulez!:)